March Madness is back and so is the 2012 version of the Coldwell Banker Bracket of Affordability. For the last few year we’ve filled out our bracket based on which schools have the most affordable housing market based on median sales price. Some years we do better than others, but this year our champion has a fighting shot.
Michigan State, which resides in East Lansing, Michigan, is our champion and represents the most affordable market in the field of 68. Actually Michigan is well represented as Detroit is the runner up. Notre Dame and Syracuse make up the other two members of our Final Four.
As we filled out our brackets, we decided to take a look at how many Coldwell Banker listings are also in the college basketball spirit. Here’s what we found:
- 1,874 of the current listings on coldwellbanker.com have basketball in the description
- 13 homes for sale reside on Duke Street, but not a single listing has the phrase “Tar Heel” in it
- 46 detail pages reference the term “hoops”
- Sadly, there are no Coldwell Banker listings in Brackettville, TX
- Eagle & Tiger are the two most popular mascots in NCAA basketball and 1,035 properties on coldwellbanker.com make reference to “eagle” while only 158 refer to “tiger.”
- And finally, 730 homes for sale promote the fact that they contain a “man cave,” the perfect room for any hoops fan.
You can download a PDF version of the 2012 Coldwell Banker Bracket of Affordability here. Best of luck to your favorite college team and enjoy the madness that is March!